Tally Ho Equestrian Center, LLC offers riding lessons to the first time beginner through the advanced student, we offer indoor and outdoor horse boarding, day camps, horse showing, and helping you find your equine partner.
Educating the horse & pony lover for 20 years...
Katrina obtained an Equine Science Minor and Business Major with an emphasis in Marketing and Management from St. Andrews Presbyterian College in 1996. Katrina is also certified through the United States Hunter Jumper Assoc. (USHJA) as an Instructor in 2014. Katrina is also certified as a PATH International Instructor (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship).
She began teaching and training under different professionals (Cathy Cram, Karen Kelley, Shelby French) for several years before striking out on her own. In 1999 she moved to Florence, SC to begin her own lesson program and has since built her own farm with husband, David Hutto. Her daughter Savannah Hutto also rides and competes locally. Katrina is currently the president for our local show circuit, Camden Equine Circuit (CEC). camdenequinecircuit.com. She is also a board member and President of the SC Hunter Jumper Association (SCHJA).
Bree Taylor grew up in the lesson program at Tally Ho, riding and showing with us. She has worked in the facility as a feeder and handler for many years as well. Additionally she has been training and showing in Dressage, so she brings this wonderful flatwork to her students. She took on the role of a camp counselor/instructor 4 years ago and has progressed into one of the main riding instuctors of Tally Ho for over a year now.
Bree is working on her instructor certification currently.
Pricing for today's equestrian world
- 1/2 hour:
$40/person (1 or 2 students – private or semi-private) most students begin with 1/2 hour private lesson
- Group hour:
$40 per person
- Private hour:
$60 for 1 person
- Pay for 9 lessons in advance and get the 10th free! ( Group or Private).
- We ask that you pay by the month or buy a package.
- Stall: $550/mo, horses brought in daily to stalls with fans during the summer or in at night in winter when cold
- Pasture: $400/mo, horses live outdoors, have run in shelters and fed twice daily, hay as needed
- Blanketing: included
(slinkies/hoods/flysheets are not included).
- Dewormer: included
- Handling Fees: $10 per vet/dentist/chiro/etc.
- Training Rides: $25
- Overnight Boarding: $25/ per night
- Buy/Sell Commission: 15% on purchase/sale price of horse, this is for when we help you find your perfect horse or sell a horse
Prices may vary per show or function
- Schooling Fee:
$45–60/day; this is a fee for your coaching/trainer
prorated for longer overnight shows
- Horse Lease:
- Hauling Fee:
pro-rated (generally $45 to Camden shows, $60 to Blythewood/Columbia, etc.)
- Mane pulling/clipping:
$15 each or $25 for both
- Full: (6 days/week):
$550/month + farrier & routine vet
- Half Lease: (3 days/week): $300/month + 1/2 farrier (depends on the horse and his need)
- Quarter Lease: (2 days/week)
$200/month- Your lesson day and then an additional practice day on the weekend
- May lease by the month (depends on the horse) and must continue to take lessons.
- Rates subject to vary depending on the leased horse.
Tally Ho specializes in the Hunter/Jumper (English) discipline. We start instructing students from age 4 years old and up and have a wonderful assortment of levels with our adult riders too. We attend many horse shows of all different levels, including our middle and high school IEA Team.